Dental fear is a real issue that many people face on a daily basis. Your fear of the dentist can affect your teeth and in some cases, your overall health, If you are not getting the dental care you need, it can lead to the development of complex dental issues which can mean a more complex treatment program. It is best to visit the dentist for twice yearly preventive care exams so that your mouth, teeth, gums, and jaw are properly checked. At Bayside Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry, we value our patient’s oral health and how they feel when they are in our Virginia Beach dental office. Dr. Brent Moses is committed to providing high quality, patient focused dental care. We strive to make each of our patients feel relaxed, open, and comfortable when they visit our office. Dr. Moses works with you to ensure you receive the care you need in a comfortable environment. If you are looking for a dentist you can trust, visit Bayside Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry. you can schedule an appointment online or call
How To Deal With Dental Fear
Dr. Moses wants each of his patients to feel comfortable and relaxed during their dental treatment. At BAyside Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry, we want patients to tell one of our caring staff members or Dr. Moses about their dental fear so that we can make the necessary adjustments. We have compiled a few tips to follow to help alleviate some of your dental fear.
(1) Inform the staff about your dental fear. Dental fear is very common fear among people. Don’t be afraid to tell us that you have some fear or anxiety about your visit. Dr. Moses and his dedicated staff are committed to making your visit successful.
(2) Bring a friend!If you feel like you may need some support, bring a friend! Having someone close to you during your visit may help keep the nerves at bay.
(3) Listen to music. Listening to your favorite song can keep you distracted from your treatment.
(4) Ask Dr. Moses about sedation dentistry. Sedation dentistry is a great way to help patients feel comfortable and relaxed during their dental procedure. Dr. Moses will exam you and go over your medical records to see which method would be best for you.
(5) Practice deep breathing.Breathing can help keep you calm during your treatment. Practice some breathing or relaxation exercises before your appointment so you know which method works best for you.