Bad breath is a common dental concern that can usually be treated with mouthwash, brushing and flossing or chewing gum. However, if your bad breath is not solved by any of these methods, you may have developed halitosis. Halitosis is the presence of persistent bad breath that can not be treated by completing your normal hygiene routine. Halitosis can be an indication that a complex dental problem has developed.
Dr. Brent Moses offers a full range of dentistry services to treat patients with halitosis. At Bayside Implant and General Dentistry, we work with you to identify and treat your dental concerns. Our goal is to create beautiful, comfortable and healthy smiles. We welcome patients of all ages to our Virginia Beach, VA dentist office.
Treating Bad Breath
In some cases, changing certain habits can help improve your breath. Consider these key tips to keep your teeth healthy and your breath fresh.
- Brushing: Brushing the teeth helps remove bacteria and debris that may cause bad breath. Brushing your teeth can also help you avoid cavities and tooth decay.
- Floss: Floss your teeth to remove food particles and debris from between the teeth.
- Mouthwash: Rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash to keep the breath fresh.
- Smoking: Smoking and tobacco use can change the way your breath smells. consider quitting to improve your breath.
- Diet: What you eat can affect your breath. Strong smelling foods can cause smelly breath. Consider what you eat.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking water can improve the quality of your breath by removing harmful bacteria and food debris.
- Chew sugar-free gum between meals
Treating Bad Breath:
Dr. Moses will perform a full comprehensive exam to determine the underlying cause for halitosis. Halitosis can be caused by a wide range of different factors The course of your treatment will depend on the underlying cause.
- Gum disease
- Dry mouth
- Acid reflux
- Tooth decay or cavities
If you are looking for a solution for bad breath, visit our Virginia Beach, VA dental office. Dr. Moses and our dental care team can work with you to find the right solution for your needs. To schedule an appointment, call (757) 264-6361 or schedule an appointment online.