Do I need to visit the dentist twice a year if my teeth and gums are healthy? This is a common question and there are many answers and reasons for visiting with us on a regular basis. The following are our top 5 reasons for recommending preventive dental care twice a year!
- Oral health supports physical well-being. It has been proven that good oral health is an important part of overall health and wellness. Poor oral health has been linked to an increased risk for many inflammatory conditions including cardiovascular disease.
- Healthy teeth and gums allow for good nutrition. When your teeth are damaged or missing, it is often difficult to continue enjoying your favorite foods and to include a wide variety of nutritious food in your diet. Regular dental care visits will keep your teeth and gums healthy!
- Minimizes dental emergencies. Dr. Cappy and Dr. Reichley look for the signs of developing dental problems when you visit. When spotted early, we can often resolve a dental concern with conservative treatment and help you avoid a dental emergency down the road.
- Dental cleanings remove plaque from all surfaces of the teeth and gums. Our dental hygienists are experienced and able to reduce your risk of decay and gum disease with thorough dental cleanings. We can remove plaque from all surfaces of the teeth and gums, including from hard-to-reach spots, between the teeth and along the gum line. While at home tooth brushing and flossing is important and support dental health, over time most patients will develop gum disease or experience tooth decay without a thorough cleaning with a professional.
- We make your dental care visit fun! Our goal as a team is to make every patient feel welcome and comfortable in our office. We want your visit to be something that you look forward to and that you leave with a smile that feels great. If you have dental concerns, routine visits are the perfect time to discuss them or to explore treatment options.
Still not sure? We welcome you to schedule a visit with us and see the difference that our more personalized dental care can make in your overall experience. We believe that a healthy smile is also a beautiful smile.